mandag 10. januar 2011

cold feelings in the night

Don't know exactly if a Social Distortion-quote is appropriate here but who cares.

Fisnished "Sputnik Sweetheart" (or "Elskede Sputnik" as it's called in Norwegian, the language I read it in, Spūtoniku no koibito in Japanese..) by Haruki Murakami last night and I feel strange.



(I just liked this cover better than the norwegian cover I got, 
I really love good graphic design and  hate bad..)

Got this book as a gift from a friend and at first when I started reading it, I thought it was way to romantic in a way, for my taste, suddenly though it got exciting and I couldn't put it a way. 
Then last night I couldn't got to bed until I finished the whole thing, I get like that sometimes, dunno if I should call it a hang-up or dedication... 
Around 3 a.m. I felt like something really heavy, I felt so much for the narrator "K" and all kinds of horrible thoughts wandered around in my head, life is so hard and depressing, is my youth over? etc.. but suddenly it changed and it was over.
Felt like I had been on a ride.
what a book, so strange, cool and I dunno, uplifting in the end?
Murakami, you had me (as so many others I guess) puzzled by this story.

Thinking I'm gonna read some more Murakami soon...


xxx O, -Julia

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar